Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Makeup Tutorial: The Red Queen

I really, really wish I had waited later in the day to do my makeup, because my airbrush system came in the mail today!  I will post more on that awesome deal later, but trust me, I would NOT be buying one of those things at full price... I got a great deal on mine. Thanks eBay! Haha.

But anyway, I had a makeup tutorial planned out for today.  I found a blank template of those MAC face charts on Google Image Search and came up with this look while I was toying around with it in Photoshop:


Based on that look, this is what it looks like on me:


Ignore my giant forehead, please.  This is why I need to get my bangs cut...

For this look I used my Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Palette, available at their website for $19.95 OR at Amazon.com for $19.73, where it is available for Super Saver Shipping. <3  It really is a gorgeous palette that I will go further into at a later time.  Also, I found this great image of the inside of the kit at the blog CookDoKoo when I did a Google Image Search for it, so I am using that to show which colors I put on.

I didn't really use a super impressive set of brushes, just the Shany brush set I purchased from Amazon for $12.99 (which was also available for Super Saver Shipping! Noticing a pattern?)  Really any brush set can be used, I think.  I just first put down the base color on my whole eyelid, then used an angled brush to place the shadow in the crease above my eyelid. I smoothed it out quickly with a blending brush and applied the brow highlight from the shadow color all the way up to my brow.  I used a pale gold color that wasn't too far from my skin tone that it would stick out a lot, so use your own judgement there to match your own tone.  Then I placed the white on the inside corner of my eye and smudged it in a bit with my finger.  I also applied this color under my eye to meet with the shadow color on the outside.

Next, I applied my eyeliner.  I really, really wish I had a normal black eyeliner (my absolute favorite is Revlon ColorStay in black, but the past few times at the store it's been sold out!) but I've been getting along with my Revlon ColorStay in charcoal...  Again, any eyeliner will probably work for this step.  Anyway, I placed the eyeliner on my waterline and along the top lid, extending it a bit to make a sort of wing.  I don't have this technique down pat yet, so I hold my skin taut while I make the line, and when I let go it usually looks like it tapers off well.  Finally, I put on my mascara - Maybelline XXL Extensions in very black, on sale right now from Amazon at $5.30, free shipping.  I really, really like this mascara.  It has two steps - first you apply side 1, which is a white lash primer / extender.  Then you apply side 2, which is the black mascara.  My eyelashes are kinda light and short, but this mascara does wonders for me.  Here is a closeup of the finished look on my eyes:


Other than the eyes, this is what I'm wearing:

Skin
-Sephora Collection Buildable Cover Kit (mentioned in my first blog post)
-Maybelline Mineral Powder Blush in Original Rose

Lips
-Stila lip glaze in "kitten"
-Wet n Wild MegaSlicks in "crystal clear"

Also here is a closeup of my lips.  I apply the Wet n Wild MegaSlicks over the lip glaze because it gives it a crazy lovely wet look.  Because I don't want to pull off the lip glaze when I apply the other gloss, I just dab the Wet n Wild stuff over the top gently.


Hope you enjoyed this look!  I'm looking forward to doing more fun tutorials in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hail to Beauty proposal
    Stretch scratch,
    Looking designed for the whole cosmetic creation together with a cellulite cream, stretch scratch cream therapy, a polo neck cream, before a lip plumper If so, you obtain roll up to the entitlement spot Discover, compare, and firm footing a variety of highly regarded and clinically proven cellulite creams, stretch scratch creams, polo neck creams, and lip plumpers
    In attendance are many out of the ordinary ways with the purpose of we can get a hold stretch scriptt. Pregnancy stretch scriptt, stretch scriptt from in advance and behind substance too quickly it can even be there inborn. Stretch scriptt can get paid you feel uncomfortable concerning your growth and using a stretch scratch cream with the purpose of spirit work out quickly and effectively to help reduce the growth of stretch scriptt can be there of the essence to you. If you are a work before woman who has stretch scriptt and you feel like to get a way to reduce them, it follows that you feel like to get a stretch cream with the purpose of has been clinically proven and given away 100% upgrading dressed in the reduction of stretch scriptt dressed in at the same time as inadequately at the same time as individual week. Whether you obtain old stretch scriptt before pristine stretch scriptt in attendance is a stretch scratch cream with the purpose of can work out designed for you.

    ReplyDelete